Join our unique Game Jam, a weekend of fun, #indiedev & networking with a challenge: make a video game in 48 hours. -Dev talks -Workshop -Mentorship
Join us! https://itch.io/jam/globalstartupcitiesgamejam
- 20th November (17:00h GMT+1): Theme reveal + Official start + + Supplementary activities!
- 22nd November (18:00h GMT+1): Submissions & Presentation of the final projects.
-Best Game -> 2.000€
-Best Original Art -> 1.000€
-Best Gameplay -> 1.000€
-Best Inclusivity -> 1.000€
- The topic will be revealed via Twitch at 17:00h on Friday, November the 20th. We will also announce it through Discord, Twitter and Itch.io
- The game must be developed during the game jam and have some relation to the topic.
- If needed, you can use external assets as long as you have the rights (if you do, remember to say so!).
- Best Original Art includes graphics and sound design.
- You can use whatever engine you prefer.
- Everybody can participate in our jam, no matter where you are from!
- Mentorships will be requested and made through our Discord server.
- Games that encourage hate or discrimination are prohibited.
- Be kind! We are all here to have some fun.
If it’s your first jam, that’s great! Take advantage of the technical support offered by our mentors and our supplementary activities.
Your English is not very good? Don’t worry! Even though English is the official language, the Staff will try as much as possible to help with the communications and will provide helping material for the presentation of your projects. If the galaxy was able to understand Yoda and Chewbacca, surely we can understand each other too! 😉
If you have any doubt, you can contact us through our Discord server. We will be glad to help you!
You can also read the legal terms here.
This Game Jam has created thanks to the collaboration of various European cities within the event “StartupCities Summit 2020”.
Global StartupCities GameJam will offer interesting supplementary activities for devs (which will not be compulsory to participate in the Jam).
Friday, 20th November:
- From 15:00h to 17:00h (GMT+1) we will speak with two indie developers who will talk about their experiences (both successes and failures!) in the videogame industry.
- From 17:30h to 19:00h (GMT+1) there will be a workshop about video game design for a game jam, with tips & tricks and answers that will help you finish your project successfully.
On top of that, during the whole Saturday the 21st you will have expert mentors available to help you solve any doubts during development.
If you have little experience in game jams, these activities are perfect for you! You can ask questions and interact with expert developers. Don’t miss the chance!
Also, if you’re interested, you can sign up for StartUpCities Summit 2020 (Not obligatory to participate in the Jam!).
You can see the dev talks and workshop here: https://www.twitch.tv/learnanddev